February 7, 2011

Made it: A Purse

I knit up a bag, purse, clutch whatever you would like to call it.  I used the wool roving I got in January from my Woolgatherings fiber subscription to make the purse.  I just cast 30 stitches on my size 8 knitting needles.  Knit 5 rows in stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl the next).  Then knit a row instead of purling to create a hem.  I continued working in stockinette stitch until the desired length.  Knit another row instead of purling creating another hem.  Knit 5 more stockinette rows then binding off.  I folded the bag in half and stitched up the sides.  I then added a lining and a magnetic clasp closure to the inside of the bag.  I secured the handles by wrapping some yarn around them and through the first row of stitches.  I love how it turned out.  Now I have to decide if I want to keep it or sell it.


The hand-spun, hand-knit purse I made.


The inside of the purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment