I will be moving my "Treasury Tuesday" posts to our Hello Purl Facebook page as a link so you can check them out directly on Etsy. Be sure to become a fan if you haven't already (I like to give coupon codes and share what is happening in the studio there).
|Everyone's work from the weekend at Siever's Fiber Art School.|
I won a weekend at Siever's Fiber Art School through my guild the Traveling Treadlers and I enjoyed a weekend Spin Retreat on Door Co.'s Washington Island. It was lots of fun and I learned a lot.
- I changed my spinning technique so I draft back which allows me to control the type of yarn I want to create better.
- I learned how to do a long draw draft (this is where you pull the fibers back far from the wheel's orifice). I only practiced this for a few hours so I have far from perfected it.
- I spun some cotton, not very well but I think I may have to give it a try again.
- I dyed all of my fiber samples for Septemnber's Phat Fiber box.
|Fiber dyed and drying for September's Phat Fiber "Enchanted Forest" theme.|
- I also learned how to Navajo ply, which is where you create a 3ply yarn from a single bobbin. Navajo plying creates a nice round yarn.
|Some spinning I did at the retreat.|
|My first Navajo ply yarn (fiber dyed from Punk n Sparkle).|
Everyone was wonderful and I had lots of fun. If I can scrape the money together (or win another weekend) I would love to go back and take another fiber arts class.