January 27, 2012

A Basket and Books

I'm excited to share a few things with you that I got for Christmas.  First of all I got a wool drying basket that my mother-in-law made me.  She makes all sorts of baskets and wanted to try a new type, the wool drying basket.  I think I'm going to use it more as a decorative piece because I think it is just beautiful.

Wool drying basket

Wool drying basket

I also got a few books Spin Art by Jacey Boggs, Harvesting Color by Rebecca Burgess and The Fleece and Fiber Source Book by Deborah Robson & Carol Ekarius and I love them all.  I plan on working from these books throughout the year.  I want to spin every textured yarn from from Spin Art and I will be sharing with you what I create.  I want to try natural dying in the summer with some of the plants in the Harvesting Color book.  I will be sharing the results with you and hopefully some of the colors turnout as beautiful as in the book.  I might even plant some in my garden.  I am also going to explore the different fibers in the fleece and fiber source book.  I have checked off working with just a few of them like, Corriedale, Border Leicester, Bluefaced Leicester, Cotswold, Llama, Alpaca and Mohair.


I hope you will check back and see what I am up too.  If you have a particular type of fiber you think I should get my hands on and try let me know.  I'll have to see if I can find it.  I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment