May 4, 2011

What's on My Wheel Wednesday: Looking for Spring, Green!

I have some beautiful kettle dyed roving in shades of green from Neauveau Fiber Arts on a bobbin that needs to be plied.  So it is going to be back on my wheel really soon.  I spun it on Sunday as part of a spinning demonstration with my guild for Heritage Hill State Historical Park.  It was their opening for the spring season.  I showed off my spinning skills and answered questions about my craft.  I had a good time and I even sold some felted soap, so that was a plus.  I think there needs to be a little more spring green around here.  It was a cool and windy day and I'm glad I was spinning inside.  At least I can spin up pretty green yarn even if mother nature won't get going and bring some nice spring weather here.

No comments:

Post a Comment