April 11, 2011

What's In A Name?

So I would like to share with you how I decided on the name Hello Purl for my blog and for my fiber arts business.  I would like to give some credit to my two year old for his cuteness and direction.
One day I was sitting on the couch knitting a handbag when my little guy came up to me and asked, "What's that?"
Since I was knitting in stockinette stitch (and was on the purl side) I said that is a purl.  Then my little guy replied, "Oh Hello."
I laughed and asked him if he was saying hello to the purl and he said yeah.  I though that was so cute I choose to use Hello Purl for my blog.  I thought it was a good idea to use the same name for my business and online shop too.  What do you think?  What's in a name?

Bright orange felted earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment