January 1, 2013

A New Year!

A little glitter for the New Year!

I'm excited for the New Year and what it has to offer us and Hello Purl.  It's looking good.  We have new fiber fairs and art shows booked.  We are going to offering new hand-dyed fibers like panda top, soy silk, milk and icicle!   I'm experimenting will hand pulled rovings too.  I've been working on my lampwork skills so we can bring you glass bead spinning wheel hooks and stitch markers.
We are looking into getting our yarns and fibers into more local yarn shops.  For those that are close to us we are developing another way for you to create with us and your friends by hosting Hello Purl classes/parties!
The plan is to blog at least twice a week and have a shop update once a week.  I made a schedule to help me stay on track.  Here it is:

Monday: Made it!  This is where I will be sharing some finished projects that I've been working on.
Tuesday: Tutorials and Patterns.  I will be sharing some how to's and DIY projects that are mostly fiber related.  As well as knitting patterns.
Wednesday: Wordless.  This is where I will just post a photo that I took.  I'd love to share more of my photography work with you.
Thursday: Things I love.  This could be a product I love (fiber related or not), a business shout out, a favoritve pattern I've tried or just anything that I would love for you to know about.  I may even put it in a fabulous Etsy Treasury.
Friday: Fiber Arts.  Friday will be a post about fiber because that is what Hello Purl is about.  We are fiber arts with a spin after all!
Saturday: Sneak Peek.  This is when I will show you a sneak peek of what I'm knitting, spinning, felting, creating.  Or of the shop update.
Sunday:  If we don't have a show I will be doing a shop update.


Panda Top in our "Hawaiian Punch" colorway
As always I look forward to sharing more with you this year and hope you enjoy finding what we have been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment