January 3, 2011

Introducing Made it!

I would like to share with you something I made or something you can make for yourself.  I will either create a tutorial for you or find one on the interwebs and make whatever it is and share how it turned out for me.  I hope you will make something with me and let me know how your project turns out.

Today I will be sharing with you the wonderful yarn I made over the weekend.  I am kinda on a spinning kick so you I may just have to show you more hand spun yarn.  I probably should be on different kind of spinning kick, you know the one that has to do with exercise.  Anyway, I took some lovely hand painted superfine merino wool roving from Woolgatherings and spun it into some squishy soft yarn.

The roving.

The single.

The Yarn.
A close up of the yarn.

I call sunshine and lollipops, because it is so bright and cheery it makes me want to smile.  I didn't know yarn could do that.   Do you spin or knit?  I'd like to hear about it.  Any suggestions on what I should make the yarn into?

1 comment: